How can you begin to learn more about the ways domestic violence impacts all aspects of someone’s life? Do you want to know more about the complexities of domestic violence and what prevents survivors from getting the help they need? Have you wondered how you can make a difference in someone’s life and better support survivors? New Beginnings can answer all of these questions and more!
Based on your specific needs, we can tailor a training for your workplace, industry, and/or clients. We’ve provided training curriculum for health care providers, social service providers, corporate groups, teachers, community members, and university students. We will work with you to create a training that best fits your needs and the needs of those you work to support. Our goal is to provide you with a more comprehensive understanding of the complexities of domestic violence so that you can best support survivors.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
Click below to learn more about our current training options:
Education & Training Options for Adults
- Mini DV 101 (30min – 1hr): Offering knowledge and skills on responding to intimate partner violence as it relates to both youth and adults.
- DV 101 with Role Playing (45 min-2hrs): In Her Shoes: Living with Domestic Violence, a role-playing activity for adult participants to experience what it’s like to walk in the shoes of a survivor.
- DV 101 Tailored (2 – 3hrs): On-site training tailored for your particular role, industry and service population with an opportunity to apply knowledge. Content covered may include warning signs, dynamics of power and control, screening for domestic violence, how to help, safety planning and survivor rights and resources.
- DV 101 Comprehensive (20hrs, 4wks): Hosted at New Beginnings each spring and fall (recommended for counselors, prospective or current DV advocates, community members, social workers).
Content covered may include:
- the cycle of violence
- dynamics of power and control
- safety planning
- survivor rights and resources
- helpful language to use when offering support
- other topics as needed or requested
You will work with real case scenarios to apply information learned.
Healthy Youth Relationships 101 for Student Learners
- Healthy Youth Relationships 101 (1hr): Prevention education for middle and high school-aged youth on content such as warning signs of dating violence, healthy and unhealthy relationship characteristics and setting boundaries.
- Healthy Youth Relationships 101 with Role Playing (1.5 – 2hrs): In Their Shoes: Teens and Dating Violence, a role-playing activity for any group of teens or adults. Participants are assigned a character and move through the scenario by reading about interactions with their dating partner, family, friends, counselors, police and others.
- Healthy Youth Relationships 101 Comprehensive (12 – 14 weeks): New Beginnings is in partnership with local middle schools to offer Crushin’ It, an all gender violence prevention program for teens.
Other Ways to Learn More
- Invite New Beginnings to share services and ways to support or utilize the agency.
Tabling & Outreach Events
- Have New Beginnings table at your event and share information on services, domestic violence, community resources and offer on-the-spot Q&A.
Logistics and Costs
The logistics and cost for each training are based on your organization and the specific needs and customizations you may require. We are willing to acommodate most budgets and sizes, so reach out to email@example.com for more information.
Request a Training or Educational Overview
To request a training, please complete the form below. We will review your request and respond to you as soon as possible.
Upcoming Training Events
If you are interested in a training, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.