Hosting your own event is a great way to support New Beginnings. Whether you create something just for New Beginnings (like a concert or play) or ask for donations at a gathering your already having (birthday, holiday party, etc.), you can have fun and make a difference for survivors.
Here are some Frequently Asked Questions that could be helpful as you plan your event. Also, check out our Toolkit that has ideas, sample timelines, and communication templates.
“I want to organize a fundraiser for New Beginnings, but I’m not sure what to do.”
Listed below are some ideas of the many ways that you can help raise funds and awareness for New Beginnings. This list is by no means exhaustive; let your creativity guide you!
- Collect Donations: Set out collection canisters next to cash registers to encourage your customers to help you support New Beginnings.
- Host a fundraiser: Host a Benefit Concert, have a bake sale, a car wash or donate a percentage of a designated night’s profits, be creative!
- Designate New Beginnings as the beneficiary for your event: If your business or organization hosts an annual event that generates funds, consider donating a portion of the proceeds.
“What can New Beginnings do to help with my fundraiser?”
There are limits to how we can help, below is a list of some of the things we can offer. New Beginnings may be able to provide (based on availability):
- Limited volunteers
- Promotion through the New Beginnings website, blog, Facebook and Twitter Account
- Materials such as brochures or flyers about programs and services
- A representative from New Beginnings to speak at your event
- We will send a receipt to anyone who donates online, or with a check. To ensure that all donors receive a receipt be sure to include contact information for cash donations.
The event host is responsible for all details of the event including:
- Underwriting all of the related costs
- Printing of all materials
- Creating flyers to publicize the event
- Working at the actual event
- Thanking your guests after the event.
“I want to host a fundraiser for New Beginnings, what should I do next?”
That’s great! Just complete the Host Your Own Event Application below and we will be in touch with you soon to go over the details of your event. Also, check out the Toolkit to help you get started.
Host Your Own Event Application